Friday, November 20, 2015

My birthday, my daughter, and my phone

We celebrated my birthday last weekend.  We went to the temple Friday night, did an endowment session and half of a sealing session (there was a live sealing we had to wait on).  Saturday we had a choir rehearsal, and we had cake with Grandma & Grandpa.  Benji took all the pictures - I may update with one later, because I don't have them.

Mother-daughter night at Activity Days was ... an experience.  We played minute-to-win-it games - which generally I don't really enjoy (I prefer mind puzzles), but I was happy to have a fun time with E ... which we had, except ... we didn't win.  This seemed to devastate E.  She was in tears when we left (small consolation that she wasn't the only one!).  *sigh*  Here she is maneuvering an Oreo cookie from her forehead to her mouth without using her hands.



So on Thursday, J (bless his heart) took my phone to the bathroom with him, and dropped it into the toilet.  I was looking for him, and found him just in time for him to say, "Mom - I hate to say this, but... I accidentally dropped your phone in the toilet.  But don't worry - I washed it off!"  After the shock, all I could do was laugh - which he did not appreciate.  It actually was still working - a little wonky, but working.  Then last night, it died.  So we bought a new one today.  I'm still hoping my old one will come back to life, and we can return the new one.  Maybe it just needs a couple more days of drying.  So ... I don't have as many pictures today - so I'll post these random ones:




No comments:

Post a Comment