Friday, November 6, 2015

Halloween, History (the family kind), and a Haircut

Well, my older children were really excited to be a six-headed monster for Halloween.  They prepared paper plates that looked happy, sad, mad, and jealous.  But when it came down to Trunk-or-treat time, E was a cat (she made the ears herself out of pipe cleaners and construction paper), and J was Spiderman.  T refused to don the bunny costume, so I put him in a Lion shirt Friday night, and put him in a Mexican poncho Saturday.  It rained on Halloween itself, so we limited the trick-or-treating, to our neighbors.

Love this boy:



Then there's this boy (whom I also love):


He watched as I attached sources to ancestors on our family tree, and wanted to help.  Now he is a family history monster - it's all he wants to do ... besides watch tv.  "Mom, when can we do some more, you know, famiy history?"

Benji has been extra busy with work lately.  So when he said he didn't have any meetings today, I took full advantage to go and get a haircut.  Here is how the hairdresser styled it:


I like the soft look.  I was going to go shorter, to match the regrowth of my hair from the surgery, but I think it blends nicely.  We'll see what it looks like when I try to style it - ha.  The salonist was very generous, and said I could come back for tweaks within the next day or two.  She regularly cuts Benji's hair.  J says I don't look like me anymore.  E says my hair looks more like Grandma's, and it's not me; "I like it; but I liked it BETTER before," she said.  T just smiled as if I looked funny.  :)  Benji didn't seem to care one way or another  Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment