Friday, August 15, 2014

Five Things for Friday

1.  Playing in "The War Room"
Benji has been working on a particular project (client move) since the beginning of the month, and it has taken him out-of-the-house more than normal, with long days/nights.  We decided to visit the scene of action, and had some fun playing with Grandma.


2.  More of that smile
E's adult tooth came right in - immediately visible - behind her baby tooth.  The second front tooth is a little wiggly. ...  Thanks for sharing that smile beautiful.  Oh I remember the context - she found some of my foundation, and asked if she could put it on; I said yes.  She came out, and I instructed her to blend it - with this result.  Not too bad.  :)


3.  For the love of cars
Out of the toys in the house, T gravitates to a few things in particular - dog food, pens/pencils/crayons/markers, and CARS!  Nothing will incur his displeasure like taking away a car he was playing with.

4.  Elbow Update
My sprained elbow continues to improve ...despite my children.  I still choose not to twist it very far, or open doors, but I can carry a glass of milk now.  I've been using an arm sling to remind myself not to open the fridge, and today I managed completely without sling or ace bandage.  I also stayed home all day, though.  I made the mistake of trying to make a pie crust on Monday - it was too soon (too soon).  So I ended up piecing the crust together in the pie plate if you know what I mean.  But I have high hopes of a full recovery.  E has been a huge help - she even changed T's diaper all by herself today.  She is a special girl.



5.  Cookie Monster
We went to Chick-Fil-A yesterday because we didn't want to heat the house while the air conditioning was off (we've been having problems with it for a couple of months - someone had come out last month with a temporary fix, but came again today to put in a new coil).  T really enjoyed his cookie!  It was just slightly warm, so the chocolate chips were perfectly gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment