Friday, June 6, 2014

Five Things for Friday, First Edition

1 Trading temple spire view for mountain view

We are moved into our home.  We can even park in our garage now!  We are not done unpacking, but we are living.  In our last house, as I turned off the main street, I could just see the angel Moroni temple spire through the trees.  I miss being so close to a temple.  To help ameliorate the loss, this is the mountain view as I turn onto my street.  (It was raining so yes, those are drops on the windshield.)  Alabama is beautiful.  I love driving around here, and I love the hills and trees.  It is also the land of Benji's forefathers - so it feels somehow right to be drawn here.

2 J sick

There's nothing like watching your child go through an illness.  J had a prolonged fever all weekend, and even missed two days of swim class.  He looks to me like he has lost a lot of weight.  But he's better now, and back to his rambunctious, ... and sometimes sulky self.



3 Speaking of swim class

We joined the loal YMCA, and signed E and J up for swim class.  They are doing well, although on the days he was well enough to go, I still had to bribe drag J to go.  He is glad he went afterwards, but ...

4 The Emotion Code

By Bradley Nelson - this is my current read, and I'm intrigued.  Speaking of my sulky boy ... I noticed a few months ago he would start going into this offended state - I started calling it his "rut."  Dr. Nelson would call it a trapped emotion - or negative energy resonating somewhere in his body - he says once you have negative energy resonating somewhere, it is easy for the whole body to resonate to that frequency - like a tuning fork close to a window - once it touches the window, the window resonates to it, too.  This same phenomenon would explain why a smell, a touch, or really any trigger, can release a flood of emotion, or why an "angry" person gets angry so easily ... or why a happy and loving little boy can suddenly revert into a sulky, nobody-loves-me boy.  I have been praying for intuition on how to nurture him out of this rut.  We'll see.  :)

5 Everything is going according to Plan

Since January of this year, I have had this sense that "Something Wonderful is about to happen." Many wonderful things have happened, and I still have this sense that more wonderful things are around the corner. We have felt so Guided in the move, in finding our new house, in packing and moving so soon (May 3rd was sooner than I expected - Benji was ready in April).  I was getting my mail one day this week when I was just overcome with the feeling that we are meant to be here right now, and everything is going according to Plan. We still aren't sure what the Plan is, but we're pressing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment