Friday, June 20, 2014

Five for Friday


1.  Father's Day
E had been wanting to have a "real" picnic - a real picnic is one with a blanket on the ground to sit on while eating.  So we decided Father's Day might be a good opportunity, and went to a nearby park.  Then, ... she decided that there were too many bugs to sit on the ground.  So we ate at a picnic table.  Some people's children are hard to please.  I enjoyed reading a book on the blanket while the kids explored.

2.  Eyes
As in, I can never get enough of these eyes!  I love this boy!  In case you are wondering, E was practicing making turbans with my pajama pants.


3.  The Bubble Room
Benji is such a fun dad.  He got one bubble all the way to J's knees before it popped, but I didn't get a picture of that.  The bubble room is Benji and my favorite place at the McWane Science Center.  So much so, that the children get bored of it while we're still playing.  Kids that get tired bubbles?!  I don't get it.  But ... I do foresee a date night in our future!



4.  Sulk vs. Smile
She knows how to glare - too bad for her that she's laughably gorgeous, even when sulky.  But I like the smile even better.  The glare is because she wants to go to the science center, and I'm not fast enough getting ready.


5.  BINGO!
The summer reading program at our local library is using Bingo charts to get prizes.  The kids get a small prize for each Bingo (3-in-a-row for J and 4-in-a-row for E), and a bigger prize and raffle entry (for a bike) if they fill in the whole sheet.  They have been filling out an entire Bingo sheet every week so far.  For those keeping score, that is 8 prizes a week for J, and 10 for E!  We are starting a collection of small, useless toys.  I've been trying to steer them towards picking dumdums just to avoid the clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment